The Busy Family's Guide To Giving back
Young people can make a difference no matter how busy they are. Simple Acts shows them how, with easy and practical resources and tools that can help teens add intentional acts of kindness and service to their everyday lives.
To make a difference in the world, young people can do simple things to help make the world kinder and gentler. Rather than expecting teens to fix all the world’s problems, Simple Acts equips them with the hands-on tools and know-how they need to make small but meaningful change, such as:
Natalie Silverstein, MPH, is an author, speaker, consultant, and passionate advocate for family and youth service.
Her first book, Simple Acts: The Busy Family’s Guide to Giving Back, was published by Gryphon House in 2019 and was named one of the “10 Books for Parents Who Want to Raise Kind Kids” by HuffPost.
Her second book, Simple Acts: The Busy Teens Guide to Making a Difference launched in July, 2022 and is available now.
Take a fresh approach to community service and giving back. Teaching young children to be socially conscious, community-oriented, and eager to volunteer seems like a daunting task, especially for busy families with children of varying ages. Simple Acts brings busy parents practical, easy-to-do ideas to involve the whole family in volunteering and helping others in the community.
With step-by-step instructions, you’ll learn:
• The proven value of service in raising compassionate children
• How to choose community-service options that are right for your family
• Ideas for integrating volunteering and service into your already-busy schedule
• Ways to help your children experience the deep satisfaction of helping others
• Full of advice, tips, and real-life stories; this fun, easy-to-use guide helps parents and children of all ages incorporate hands-on community service experiences into their daily lives. You’re never too young – or too old – to start giving back!